Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Fun in Tucson

So, Team Thue took a journey a few weeks ago to visit the parents in Tucson. We'd never been before and had a great time. It started with a birthday celebration for me...cupcakes in all my favorite flavors--carrot cake, cheesecake, red velvet. This means that, yes, I did eat at least 3 cupcakes during the Olympics opening ceremony!!


We visited (and hiked down) Sabino Canyon...a two mile jaunt that crosses over creeks and is surrounded by saguaro cactus(es)(i)? We had a nice picnic on the way down and Abi enjoyed snacking and drinking out of sporty water bottles. :)



We also got to visit the Tucson Museum of art which was showing an Ansel Adams (amazing photographer!) exhibit. Loved it.
One evening I was treated to a massage and then James and I went out to a movie (for Valentine's Day). Talk about feeling pampered and relaxed... The next morning we said our farewells to the fam and the beautiful desert.

The new house backs up to the desert foothills. Thanks for a great visit! We love you and Tucson!

1 comment:

The Gray Family said...

happy late birthday...I was thinking about you the day of, and meant to email you or something, but I never got around to it :<( Glad you had fun!